Arming the system
In passive mode, the system will automatically activate the alarm but WILL NOT automatically lock the doors. In order to lock the doors you must either lock them as indicated in step 4 below or with the key once they have been closed. Failure to lock the doors manually will result in a higher security risk.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position.
2. Turn the ignition switch from “ON” to “LOCK” position and remove the key from the ignition switch.
3. Open the doors and get out of the vehicle.
4. Before closing the doors, lock all doors with the inside door lock levers.
5. Close the doors. The system will automatically arm after 1 minute.
In the passive mode, the system can also be armed with the remote transmitter or with the power door locking switches. If the remote transmitter or power door locking switch is used to lock the vehicle, arming will take place immediately regardless of whether or not the passive mode has been selected.
Disarming the system
To disarm the system, briefly press the “”
button on the transmitter.
Because of the AWD feature and higher ground clearance, your SUBARU can be driven on ordinary roads or off-road. But please keep in mind that an AWD SUBARU is a passenger car and is neither a conv ...
Convex mirror (passenger side)
WARNING Objects look smaller in a convex mirror and farther away than when viewed in a flat mirror. Do not use the convex mirror to judge the distance of vehicles behind you when changing lanes.