Buick LaCrosse: Interior Care
To prevent dirt particle abrasions, regularly clean the vehicle's interior.
Immediately remove any soils. Note that newspapers or dark garments that can transfer color to home furnishings can also permanently transfer color to the vehicle's interior.
Use a soft bristle brush to remove dust from knobs and crevices on the instrument cluster. Using a mild soap solution, immediately remove hand lotions, sunscreen, and insect repellant from all interior surfaces or permanent damage may result.
Your dealer may have products for cleaning the interior. Use cleaners specifically designed for the surfaces being cleaned to prevent permanent damage. To prevent overspray, apply all cleaners directly to the cleaning cloth. Cleaners should be removed quickly. Never allow cleaners to remain on the surface being cleaned for extended periods of time.
Cleaners may contain solvents that can become concentrated in the interior. Before using cleaners, read and adhere to all safety instructions on the label. While cleaning the interior, maintain adequate ventilation by opening the doors and windows.
To prevent damage, do not clean the interior using the following cleaners or techniques:
• Never use a razor or any other sharp object to remove a soil from any interior surface.
• Never use a brush with stiff bristles.
• Never rub any surface aggressively or with excessive pressure.
• Do not use laundry detergents or dishwashing soaps with degreasers. For liquid cleaners, use approximately 20 drops per 3.78 L (1 gal) of water.
A concentrated soap solution will leave a residue that creates streaks and attracts dirt. Do not use solutions that contain strong or caustic soap.
• Do not heavily saturate the upholstery when cleaning.
• Do not use solvents or cleaners containing solvents.