Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Align the rocker inner panel.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the quarter outer panel as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the rocker inner panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the quarter outer panel.
- Clamp the rocker inner panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in) stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Removal ProcedureWarning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
If the Vehicle Is Stuck
Slowly and cautiously spin the wheels to free the vehicle when stuck in sand, mud, ice, or snow. If stuck too severely for the traction system to free the vehicle, turn the traction system off and use the rocking method. WARNING If the vehicle's tires spin at high speed, they can explode, ...
SIR Inflator Module Handling and Storage Warning
Warning: When carrying an undeployed inflator module: Do not carry the inflator module by the wires or connector. Make sure the air bag opening points away from you. When storing an undeployed inflator module: Make sure the air bag opening points away from the surface on which the in ...
To ensure proper engine performance and long life, careful attention must be paid to engine oil. Following these simple, but important steps will help protect your investment: • Always use engine oil approved to the proper specification and of the proper viscosity grade.