Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling
- Remove the front floor console assembly. Refer to Front Floor Console Replacement.
- Remove the radio assembly. Refer to Radio Replacement.
- Remove the driver information display bezel. Refer to Driver Information Display Bezel Replacement.
- Remove the heater and air conditioning control. Refer to Heater and Air Conditioning Control Replacement.
- Remove the steering column lower trim cover. Refer to Steering Column Lower Trim Cover Replacement
- Remove the steering column upper trim cover. Refer to Steering Column Upper Trim Cover Replacement.
- Remove both instrument panel outer trim covers. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement - Left Side.
- Remove the instrument panel compartment assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement.
- Remove the instrument panel molding. Refer to Instrument Panel Molding Replacement.
- Remove the center air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Center Air Outlet Replacement.
- Remove the left outer air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Air Outlet Replacement - Left Side.
- Remove the right outer air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Air Outlet Replacement - Right Side.
- Instrument Panel Assembly Screw (Qty: 9)
Caution:Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
Tighten 9 N·m(80 lb in)
- Instrument Panel Assembly
- Note location and routing of the instrument panel wiring harness prior to removal of the instrument panel assembly to ensure proper reinstallation.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the instrument panel assembly.
- With the aid of an assistant, remove the instrument panel assembly from the vehicle.
- When replacing the instrument panel assembly, transfer all necessary components.
OnStar® Destination Download
The destination download lets an OnStar® subscriber ask an OnStar Advisor to download a destination to the navigation system. OnStar will send address information and location coordinates of the destination into the navigation system. Using Destination Download If the navigation radio screen i ...
Prevailing Torque Fasteners
Prevailing torque fasteners create a thread interface between the fastener and the fastener counterpart in order to prevent the fastener from loosening. All Metal Prevailing Torque Fasteners These fasteners accomplish the thread interface by a designed distortion or deformation in the fastene ...
Steering Wheel and Column Description and Operation
The steering wheel and column has 4 primary functions: Vehicle steering Vehicle security Driver convenience Driver safety Vehicle Steering The steering wheel is the first link between the driver and the vehicle. The steering wheel is fastened to a steering shaft within the column.