Chevrolet Sonic Owner's Manual: How to Wear Safety Belts Properly
This section is only for people of adult size.
There are special things to know about safety belts and children. And there are different rules for smaller children and infants. If a child will be riding in the vehicle, see Older Children or Infants and Young Children. Follow those rules for everyone's protection.
It is very important for all occupants to buckle up. Statistics show that unbelted people are hurt more often in crashes than those who are wearing safety belts.
There are important things to know about wearing a safety belt properly.
- Sit up straight and always keep your feet on the floor in front of you.
- Always use the correct buckle for your seating position.
- Wear the lap part of the belt low and snug on the hips, just touching the thighs. In a crash, this applies force to the strong pelvic bones and you would be less likely to slide under the lap belt. If you slid under it, the belt would apply force on your abdomen. This could cause serious or even fatal injuries.
- Wear the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest. These parts of the body are best able to take belt restraining forces. The shoulder belt locks if there is a sudden stop or crash.
You can be seriously injured, or even killed, by not wearing your safety belt properly.
- . Never allow the lap or shoulder belt to become loose or twisted.
- . Never wear the shoulder belt under both arms or behind your back.
- . Never route the lap or shoulder belt over an armrest.
Lap-Shoulder BeltAll seating positions in the vehicle have a lap-shoulder belt. The following instructions explain how to wear a lap-shoulder belt properly. 1. Adjust the seat, if the seat is adjustable, so you can ...
Sunroof Window Height and Opening Fit Adjustment
Note: Correct adjustment cannot be achieved if the sunroof window is closed from vent position. Cycle the sunroof window from full open to closed position. ., Note: Do Not remove or lower headliner to access sunroof window screws. Loosen the adjusting screws on ...
Front Fog Lamp Replacement
Front Fog Lamp Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedure Remove either the right front or left front wheelhouse liner. Refer to Front Wheelhouse Liner Replacement. Disconnect the electrical connector from t ...
Time & Date Settings
Select to change the settings: Set Time Format: Select 12h or 24h. Set Date Format: Press < or > to select the date display. Set Time & Date: Select, then press or to adjust the value. Automatic Clock Sync: Select to display the real or user time on the radio.