Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Accessory Power Receptacle Replacement
EL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover .
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special ToolsRemoval Procedure
- Remove the auxiliary power outlet fuse from the fuse block.
- Remove the receptacle:
- Look into the receptacle. There are two 3?€‰mm (0.11?€‰in) tab windows 12?€‰mm (0.47?€‰in) from the front of the receptacle. TheEL-42059 Cigar Lighter Socket Remover pushes the plastic latches from these tab windows and the receptacle can be pulled straight out.
- Place one side of the ?€?T?€? portion of theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover into the tab window. TheEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover will not fit straight into the receptacle. Angle the slightly for insertion into the receptacle.
- Insert the other side of the ?€?T?€? into the opposite tab window.
You must move theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover handle toward horizontal to engage the other tab window.
- Use theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover to pull the receptacle straight out.
- IfEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover tool fails to release the lighter socket from the retainer, perform the following alternate method:
- Insert a small grinding tool with a cutoff wheel into the socket.
- Remove the plastic latches in the 3?€‰mm (0.11?€‰in) square windows.
- Use theEL-42059Cigar Lighter Socket Remover as directed above to remove the socket.
- Route the connector through the retainer. Align the accessory power receptacle retainer to the slot in the opening.
- Install the retainer by pressing into place fully seated.
- Connect the electrical connector to the receptacle.
- Align the tabs on the receptacle to the slots in the retainer. Install the accessory power receptacle by pressing into place until fully seated.
- Install the accessory power receptacle fuse.
Tire and Wheel Balancing (Collet Cone Selection)
Important: Never use the hub cap bore to center the wheel onto the balancer. The pilot bore (on the hub side of the wheel) is machined to be concentric to very tight non - standard tolerances. The bottom cap bore is not machined to this same degree of precision. Accurate mac ...
Airbag Steering Wheel Module Replacement
Removal Procedure Warning: Refer to SIR Inflator Module Handling and Storage Warning. Warning: Refer to SIR Warning. Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.