Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Exhaust Camshaft Installation
Mind the markings on the camshaft bearing caps. Camshaft bearing caps should be installed in their original position.
- Lubricate camshaft and camshaft bearing caps with engine oil.
- Install the exhaust camshaft (3).
- Install the 5 camshaft bearing caps (2).
- Install the 10 camshaft bearing cap bolts (1) and handtighten.
Refer to Fastener Caution.
Tighten the camshaft bearing cap bolts one turn at a time in order to avoid shape distortion of the camshaft.
- Tighten the camshaft bearing cap bolts one turn at a time and in a spiral sequence as shown to 8 Y (71 lb in)