Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Fuel Tank Filler Pipe Replacement (Steel Tank)
- Remove the fuel filler door housing. Refer to Fuel Tank Filler Door Latch Housing Replacement.
- Remove the bracket fastener (1).
- Lift and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank filler pipe bracket fastener (1).
- Remove the vent hose clamp (2) and vent hose.
- Loosen the filler pipe hose clamp (3).
- Remove the fuel tank filler pipe (1).
- Install the fuel tank filler pipe (1).
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Tighten hose clamp (3) to4 Y(35 lb in)
- Install the vent hose clamp (2) and vent hose.
- Tighten the filler pipe bracket fastener (1) to 9 Y(89 lb in)
- Install the bracket fastener (1) and tighten to 9 Y(89 lb in)
- Install the fuel filler door housing. Refer to Fuel Tank Filler Door Latch Housing Replacement.
Wheel Drive Shaft Inner Joint Inspection
Inspection Procedure Remove the front wheel drive shaft inner joint and boot. Refer to Front Wheel Drive Shaft Replacement. Remove the wheel drive shaft tripod bushing (1) from the tripod housing (3). Remove the wheel drive shaft tripod housi ...
Front Wiper Blade Replacement
Windshield wiper blades should be inspected for wear or cracking. See the Maintenance Schedule for more information. Replacement blades come in different types and are removed in different ways. For proper windshield wiper blade length and type, see Maintenance Replacement Parts. Caution ...
Manual Seats Warning You can lose control of the vehicle if you try to adjust a driver seat while the vehicle is moving. Adjust the driver seat only when the vehicle is not moving. To adjust a manual seat: 1. Pull the handle at the front of the seat. 2.