Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Warm Up Three-Way Catalytic Converter Installation
- Install the warm up three way catalytic converter (5) to the brackets and the turbocharger. Use a NEW warm up three way catalytic converter seal (2).
Never re-use the V-clamp.
- Install a NEW warm up three way catalytic converter V-clamp (1).
- Install the 2 catalytic converter to catalytic converter bracket nuts (4) and (6) and hand tighten.
- Hand tighten the catalytic converter V-clamp.
- Connect the heated oxygen sensor wiring harness (3) to retainer clip.
- The catalytic converter V-clamp (1) should be installed in the shown position.
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Tighten the catalytic converter to catalytic converter bracket nuts to 22 Y (16 lb ft)
- Tighten the catalytic converter V-clamp to 13 Y (115 lb in)
Loss of Control
Skidding There are three types of skids that correspond to the vehicle's three control systems: Braking Skid — wheels are not rolling. Steering or Cornering Skid — too much speed or steering in a curve causes tires to slip and lose cornering force. Acceleration Skid — too muc ...
Front Fender Replacement
Front Fender Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedures Remove the front bumper fascia. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia Replacement. Remove the headlamp. Refer to Headlamp Replacement.