Ford Fusion: Fuel cut-off switch
Vehicles with a Duratec engine
The fuel supply may be cut off as a resultof an accident or sudden vibrations (e.g.
collision when parking).
The switch is located behind the glovebox. Open the glove box and empty thecontents. Press the sides inwards andswivel the glove box downwards.
Resetting the switch
Do not reset the fuel cut-off switchif you see or smell leaking fuel.
1. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.
2. Check fuel system for leaks.
3. If no fuel leak is apparent, reset theswitch by pushing in the button.
4. Turn the ignition switch to position II.
After a few seconds return the key toposition I.
5. Make a further check for leaks in thefuel system.
Cooling fan, hose and connections
Your vehicle employs an electric cooling fan which is thermostatically controlled to operate when the engine coolant reaches a specific temperature. If the radiator cooling fan does not operate eve ...
•► Shift the transmission to position P. The transmission position display in the multifunction display shows P. You can also start the engine when the transmission is in position N.