Hyundai Elantra: Headlight bulb
WARNING - Halogen bulbs
- Halogen bulbs contain pressurized gas that will produce flying pieces of glass if broken.
- Always handle them carefully, and avoid scratches and abrasions. If the bulbs are lit, avoid contact with liquids. Never touch the glass with bare hands. Residual oil may cause the bulb to overheat and burst when lit. A bulb should be operated only when installed in a headlight.
- If a bulb becomes damaged or cracked, replace it immediately and carefully dispose of it.
- Wear eye protection when changing a bulb. Allow the bulb to cool down before handling it.
1. Open the hood.
2. Remove the headlight. 3. Remove the headlight bulb cover by turning it counterclockwise.
4. Disconnect the headlight bulb assembly by turning it counterclockwise.
5. Install a new headlight bulb assembly.
6. Install the headlight bulb cover by turning it clockwise.
7. Install the headlight.
Turn signal light/position light, side mark light, fog light bulb (if equipped)
If the light bulb is not operating, have the vehicle checked by an authorized Hyundai dealer.