Kia Optima: Headlight Aiming Adjustment
Before performing aiming adjustment, make sure of the following.
1. Keep all tires inflated to the correct pressure.
2. Place the vehicle on level ground and press the front bumper & rear bumper down several times.
3. See that the vehicle is unloaded (except for full levels of coolant, engine oil and fuel, and spare tire, jack, and tools). Have the driver or equivalent weight in driver’s seat.
4. Clean the head light lens and turn on the headlight (Low beam).
5. Open the hood.
6. Draw the vertical line (through the center of each headlight) and the horizontal line (through the center of each headlight) on the aiming screen.
1) Horizontal line dimension from ground: 24.72 in (628 mm)
2) Distance between each vertical line : 49.17 in (1,306 mm)
And then, draw the parallel line at 1.18 in (30 mm) place under the horizontal line.
7. Adjust each cut-off line of the low beam to the parallel line with a Phillips screwdriver VERTICAL AIMING.