Kia Optima: Keyless Entry System
You can also lock or unlock the door and open the trunk from outside with the keyless transmitter.
• To lock the door, press this button once. (Hazard flasher lights are turned on once for about one second.)
• To unlock the driver’s door, press this button once. (Hazard flasher lights flash twice.) To unlock the other doors, press this button twice within three seconds.
• To open the trunk, press this button.
- • If you depress the panic button ( ) on the transmitter, the horn will sounds and hazard lamp will flash.
The transmitter will not work if any of the following occur:
- Ignition key is in the ignition switch.
- The transmitter battery is discharged.
- The operational distance 15 feet (5 meters) is exceeded.
- The weather is very cold or when there are other vehicles or objects around the vehicle. When the transmitter does not work correctly, open and close the door with the ignition key. If you have a problem with the transmitter, contact an Authorized Kia Dealer.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.