Kia Optima: Smart key precautions
- If, for some reason, you happen to lose your smart key, you will not be able to start the engine. Tow the vehicle, if necessary, and contact an authorized Kia dealer.
- A maximum of 2 smart keys can be registered to a single vehicle. If you lose a smart key, you should immediately take the vehicle and key to your authorized Kia dealer to protect it from potential theft.
- The smart key will not work if any of following occurs:
- - The smart key is close to a radio transmitter such as a radio station or an airport which can interfere with normal operation of the smart key.
- - The smart key near a mobile twoway radio system or a cellular phone.
- - Another vehicle’s smart key is being operated close to your vehicle. When the smart key does not work correctly, open and close the door with the mechanical key. If you have a problem with the smart key, contact an authorized Kia dealer.
Keep the smart key away from water or any liquid. If the keyless entry system is inoperative due to exposure to water or liquids, it will not be covered by your manufacturer’s vehicle warranty.
This device complies with Industry Canada Standard RSS-210.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. If the keyless entry system is inoperative due to changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance, it will not be covered by your manufacturer’s vehicle warranty.