Mazda 3 Owners Manual: Constant Monitoring
The following components of the air bag systems are monitored by a diagnostic system:
- Crash sensors, and diagnostic module (SAS unit)
- Front air bag sensors
- Air bag modules
- Side crash sensors
- Air bag/Front seat belt pretensioner system warning light
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- Related wiring
(With Front Passenger Occupant Classification System)
- Front passenger air bag deactivation indicator light
- Front passenger seat weight sensors
- Front passenger seat weight sensor control module
- Front passenger seat belt buckle switches
The diagnostic module continuously monitors the system's readiness. This begins when the ignition is switched ON and continues while the vehicle is being driven.
Headlight Auto Leveling System Initialization
CAUTION: If the headlight auto leveling initial setting is not stored correctly, the headlight auto leveling system may not operate normally. To store the initial setting correctly, perform the initial setting with the vehicle under the following conditions: No occupant ...
WARNING Make sure the fl oor mats are hooked on the retention pins to prevent them from bunching up under the foot pedals: Using a fl oor mat that is not secured is dangerous as it will interfere with the accelerator and brake pedal operation, which could result in an acc ...
CAUTION: If the strainer is removed, impurities may penetrate the power steering system and damage it. To prevent this, always bleed air with the strainer installed. Do not maintain the steering wheel fully turned for 5 s or more.