Mazda 3 Service Manual: Clock Spring Inspection [Standard Deployment Control System]
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
2. Remove the driver–side air bag module..
3. Remove the steering wheel..
4. Remove the column cover.
5. Remove the clock spring..
6. Verify that the continuity is as indicated in the table.
If not as indicated in the table, replace the clock spring.
When the vehicle-side connector for the clock spring is disconnected, terminals 1C and 1D are shorted to prevent unexpected operation (deployment) of the air bag module.
Vehicles with steering switch
Vehicles without steering switch
Air Intake Actuator Inspection [Manual Air Conditioner]
1. Connect battery positive voltage to air intake actuator terminal B (or C), connect terminal C (or B) to ground, and then verify that the air intake actuator operates as shown in the table. If the operation condition is not normal, replace the air intake actuator. ...
Manual Transaxle Removal/Installation [G66 M R]
CAUTION: Secure the steering wheel using tape or a cable to prevent the steering shaft from rotating after disconnecting the steering shaft. If the steering wheel rotates after the steering shaft and the steering gear and linkage are disconnected, the internal parts of the clock spr ...
If the buttons on the transmitter are inoperable and the operation indicator light does not flash, the battery may be dead. Replace with a new battery before the transmitter becomes unusable. CAUTION Make sure the battery is installed correctly.