Mazda 3 Service Manual: Side Air Bag Sensor Removal/Installation [Standard Deployment Control System]
Handling the side air bag sensor improperly can accidentally operate (deploy) the air bag module, which may seriously injure you. Read the air bag system service warnings and cautions before handling the side air bag sensor..
1. Switch the ignition to off.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for1 min or more
3. Remove the front scuff plate..
4. Remove the rear scuff plate..
5. Remove the B-pillar lower trim..
6. Remove the nut.
7. Remove the side air bag sensor.
8. Disconnect the connector from the side air bag sensor by pressing the connector tab in the direction of the arrow.
9. Install in the reverse order of removal.
10. Switch the ignition to ON.
11. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates forapprox. 6 s
and goes out.
If the air bag system warning light does not operate normally, refer to the on-board diagnostic system (air bag system) and perform inspection of the system..
Temporary Spare Tire
Inspect the temporary spare tire at least monthly to make sure it is properly inflated and stored. NOTE The temporary spare tire condition gradually deteriorates even if it has not been used. The temporary spare tire is easier to handle because of its construction which is lighter and small ...
Map Light Inspection
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.. 2. Remove the map light.. 3. Verify that the continuity between the map light terminals is as indicated in the table. If not as indicated in the table, inspect the bulb. If there is no malfunction, replace the map light. 4. ...
Rear Door Latch And Lock Actuator Inspection
1. The following actuator and switch are integrated with the rear door latch and lock actuator. Inspect the rear door latch and lock actuator according to each inspection procedure for the following items.