Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Cooling fan
- Fan shroud
- Fan motor (LH)
- Fan motor (RH)
- Cooling fan (RH)
- Cooling fan (LH)
Removal and Installation
WARNING: Do not remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure engine coolant escaping from the radiator. Wrap a thick cloth around the cap. Slowly turn it a quarter turn to allow built-up pressure to escape. Carefully remove the cap by turning it all the way.
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Disconnect battery negative terminal.
- Disconnect battery positive terminal. Refer to PG-77, "Exploded View".
- Depower SRS system. Refer to SR-2, "Service".
- Drain engine coolant from radiator. Refer to CO-8, "Draining".
- Perform this step when the engine is cold.
- Do not spill engine coolant on the drive belt.
- Remove engine under cover. Refer to EXT-37, "ENGINE UNDER COVER : Removal and Installation".
- Remove front air spoiler. Refer to EXT-16, "Exploded View".
- Remove fender protector side cover. Refer to EXT-28, "FENDER PROTECTOR : Exploded View".
- Remove air duct (inlet). Refer to EM-24, "Exploded View".
- Remove bumper fascia assembly. Refer to EXT-16, "Exploded View".
- Remove radiator core support (upper). Refer to XX.
- Remove radiator hose (upper) from radiator. Refer to CO-13, "Exploded View".
CAUTION: Do not spill engine coolant on the drive belt.
- Disconnect harness connector from cooling fan controller.
- Remove harness retainers from fan shroud.
- Remove CVT cooler hose retainers from fan shroud.
- Remove reservoir tank hose from fan shroud. Refer to CO-13, "Exploded View".
- Remove fan shroud. Refer to CO-17, "Exploded View".
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the radiator.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
CAUTION: Do not spill engine coolant in the engine compartment. Use a shop cloth to absorb engine coolant.
NOTE: Cooling fan is controlled by ECM. For details, refer to EC-64, "On Board Diagnosis Function".
Disassembly and Assembly
- Remove cooling fan mounting nuts, and then remove the cooling fans (RH and LH).
- Remove fan motor cover and fan motors (RH and LH).
Assembly is in the reverse order of disassembly.
CAUTION: Apply high thread locking sealant to cooling fan motor shaft.
INSPECTION AFTER DISASSEMBLY
Inspect cooling fan for cracks or unusual bends.
- If anything is found, replace cooling fan.