Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Differential side oil seal
- Transaxle assembly
- Differential side oil seal (left side)
- Differential side oil seal (right side) (FWD models only)
: Always replace after every disassembly.
: Apply CVT fluid
Removal and Installation
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Remove front drive shaft. Refer to FAX-18, "Removal and Installation (LH)" (FWD) or FAX-50, "Removal and Installation (LH)" [LH (AWD)]or FAX-52, "Removal and Installation (RH)" [RH(AWD)].
- Remove differential side oil seal (1) using suitable tool (A).
CAUTION: Be careful not to scratch transaxle case and converter housing.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not reuse differential side oil seal.
- Apply CVT fluid to differential side oil seals.
- When inserting the drive shaft, be sure to use Tool.
Tool number: KV38107900
Install each differential side oil seal evenly using suitable tool so that differential side oil seal protrudes by the dimension (C) and (D) respectfully.
(A) : Differential side oil seal (LH)
(B) : Differential side oil seal (RH) (FWD models only)
Dimension (C) :Height difference from case end surface is within 1.8 ± 0.5 mm (0.071 ± 0.020 in).
Dimension (D) :Height difference from case end surface is within 2.2 ± 0.5 mm (0.087 ± 0.020 in).
NOTE: The reference is the installation direction of the differential side oil seal.
Drift to be used:
Inspection and Adjustment
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
Check for CVT fluid leakage. Refer to TM-190, "Inspection".
ADJUSTMENT AFTER INSTALLATION
Adjust the CVT fluid level. Refer to TM-192, "Adjustment".
Output speed sensorExploded View Transaxle assembly Output speed sensor O-ring Always replace after every disassembly. : N·m (kg-m, in-lb) : Apply CVT fluid Removal and Installation REMOVAL ...
Water hoseExploded View Water outlet Hose clamp Water hose A Clip CVT oil warmer Transaxle assembly Water hose B Heater thermostat Water hose C : Always replace after every di ...
Precautions when starting and driving
WARNING Do not leave children or adults who would normally require the assistance of others alone in your vehicle. Pets should also not be left alone. They could accidentally injure themselves or others through inadvertent operation of the vehicle.