Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Water hose
- Water outlet
- Hose clamp
- Water hose A
- CVT oil warmer
- Transaxle assembly
- Water hose B
- Heater thermostat
- Water hose C
: Always replace after every disassembly.
: N·m (kg-m, ft-lb)
Removal and Installation
WARNING: Do not remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure engine coolant escaping from the radiator. Wrap a thick cloth around the cap. Slowly turn it a quarter turn to allow built-up pressure to escape. Carefully remove the cap by turning it all the way.
CAUTION: Perform when the engine is cold.
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Remove battery tray. Refer to PG-76, "Removal and Installation (Battery Tray)".
- Remove engine under cover. Refer to EXT-16, "Exploded View".
- Remove CVT fluid charging pipe. Refer to TM-220, "Exploded View".
- Remove fender protector side cover. Refer to EXT-28, "FENDER PROTECTOR : Exploded View".
- Remove water hose A, B, C, and heater thermostat.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not reuse hose clamps.
- Do not reuse hose clip
- Securely install the water hose clip to the bracket hole of charging pipe.
- Refer to the following when installing water hoses.
- Refer to the followings when installing hose clamp.
CAUTION: Hose clamp should not interfere with the bulge of tube.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
- Fully immerse the heater thermostat 1 in a container (A) filled with water. Continue heating the water while stirring.
- Continue heating the heater thermostat for 5 minutes or more after bringing the water to a boil.
- Quickly take the heater thermostat out of the hot water, measure the heater thermostat within 10 seconds.
- Place dial indicator (A) on the pellet B and measure the elongation from the initial state.
Standard : Refer to TM-226, "Heater Thermostat".
- If out of standard, replace heater thermostat.
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
Start the engine, and check the joints for coolant leakage.