Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Garage Jack and Safety Stand and 2-Pole Lift
- Park the vehicle on a level surface when using the jack. Make sure to avoid damaging pipes, tubes, etc. under the vehicle.
- Never get under the vehicle while it is supported only by the jack. Always use safety stands when you have to get under the vehicle.
- Place wheel chocks at both front and back of the wheels on the ground.
- Lift at reinforced area of front suspension member where lower control arm attaches, staying in center line of wheels.
- When lifting the vehicle, open the lift arms as wide as possible and ensure that the front and rear of the vehicle are well balanced.
- When setting the lift arm, do not allow the arm to contact the brake tubes, brake cable, fuel lines and sill spoiler.
- Garage jack point (front)
- Garage jack point (rear)
- Safety stand point and lift up point (front)
- Safety stand point and lift up point (rear)
Special Service ToolThe actual shapes of Kent-Moore tools may differ from those of special service tools illustrated here. CAUTION: Every time the vehicle is lifted up, maintain the complete vehicle curb co ...
Board-on LiftCAUTION: Make sure vehicle is empty when lifting. The board-on lift attachment (A) set at front end of vehicle should be set on the front of the sill under the front door opening. Position ...
Description This section is prepared for technicians who have attained a high level of skill and experience in repairing collision- damaged vehicles and also use modern service tools and equipment. Persons unfamiliar with body repair techniques should not attempt to repair collision-damaged v ...
Diagnosis and repair work flow Work Flow Overall sequence Detailed flow 1. Get information for symptom Get the detailed information from the customer about the symptom (the condition and the environment when the incident/malfunction occurred). >> Go to 2. 2.