Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Unit disassembly and assembly
TORQUE CONVERTER AND CONVERTER HOUSING OIL SEAL
- Transaxle assembly
- Torque converter
- Converter housing oil seal
: Apply CVT Fluid
- Remove transaxle assembly.
- Remove torque converter.
Do not damage the bushing on the inside of torque converter sleeve when removing torque converter.
- Remove converter housing oil seal using a suitable tool.
Be careful not to scratch converter housing.
Note the following, and install in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not reuse converter housing oil seal.
- Apply CVT fluid to converter housing oil seal.
- Drive converter housing oil seal evenly using a drift so that converter housing oil seal protrudes by the dimension (A) respectively.
Dimension (A) : 13 В± 0.5 mm (0.051 В± 0.02 in)
Converter housing oil seal pulling direction is used as the reference.
- Attach the pawl (A) of the torque converter to the drive sprocket hole (B) on the transaxle assembly side.
- Rotate the torque converter for installing torque converter.
- Do not damage the bushing inside the torque converter sleeve when installing the converter housing oil seal.
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
- After inserting a torque converter to the CVT, check dimension (A) with in the reference value limit.
B : Scale
C : Straightedge
Dimension (A) : Refer to TM-289, "Torque Converter".
Unit removal and installationTRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY Exploded View Transaxle assembly O-ring CVT fluid charging pipe CVT fluid charging pipe cap Tightening must be done following the installation procedure. Re ...
Additional service when replacing ecm
Description When replacing ECM, the following procedure must be performed. (For details, refer to EC-135, "Work Procedure".) PROGRAMMING OPERATION NOTE: After replacing with a blank ECM, programming is required to write ECM information. Be sure to follow the procedure to perform t ...
Exploded view Spring Wind deflector Roof panel Sunshade Glass lid Front Removal and installation REMOVAL Open the glass lid. Release the springs (LH/RH), then remove the wind deflector. INSTALLATION Installation is in the reverse order of removal.