Subaru Legacy: ABS warning light
The ABS warning light illuminates when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position and turns off after approximately 2 seconds.
This is an indication that the ABS system is working properly.
● If any of the following conditions occur, we recommend that you have the ABS system repaired at the first available opportunity by your SUBARU dealer.
– The warning light does not illuminate when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position.
– The warning light illuminates when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position, but it does not turn off even when the vehicle speed exceeds approximately 12 km/h (8 mph).
– The warning light illuminates during driving.
– The warning light flashes.
● When the warning light is on (and brake system warning light is off), the ABS function shuts down; however, the conventional brake system continues to operate normally.
● When the warning light is flashing, the ABS system may be malfunctioning. However, the conventional brake system continues to operate normally.
If the warning light behavior is as described in the following, the ABS system may be considered normal.
● The warning light illuminates right after the engine is started but turns off immediately, remaining off.
● The warning light remains illuminated after the engine has been started, but it turns off when the vehicle speed reaches approximately 8 mph (12 km/h).
● The warning light illuminates during driving, but it turns off immediately and remains off.
When driving with an insufficient battery voltage such as when the engine is jump started, the ABS warning light may illuminate. This is due to the low battery voltage and does not indicate a malfunction. When the battery becomes fully charged, the light will turn off.