Toyota Camry: Winter driving tips
Carry out the necessary preparations and inspections before driving the vehicle in winter. Always drive the vehicle in a manner appropriate to the prevailing weather conditions.
■ Pre-winter preparations
● Use fluids that are appropriate to the prevailing outside temperatures.
• Engine oil
• Engine coolant
• Washer fluid
● Have a service technician inspect the level and specific gravity of battery electrolyte.
● Have the vehicle fitted with four snow tires or purchase a set of tire chains for the front tires.
Ensure that all tires are the same size and brand, and that chains match the size of the tires.
■ Before driving the vehicle
Perform the following according to the driving conditions:
● Do not try to forcibly open a window or move a wiper that is frozen. Pour warm water over the frozen area to melt the ice.
Wipe away the water immediately to prevent it from freezing.
● To ensure proper operation of the climate control system fan, remove any snow that has accumulated on the air inlet vents in front of the windshield.
● Remove any ice that has accumulated on the vehicle chassis.
● Periodically check for and remove any excess ice or snow that may have accumulated in the wheel well or on the brakes.
■ When driving the vehicle
Accelerate the vehicle slowly and drive at a reduced speed suitable to road conditions.
■ When parking the vehicle
Park the vehicle and move the shift lever to P without setting the parking brake. The parking brake may freeze up, preventing it from being released. If necessary, block the wheels to prevent inadvertent sliding or creeping.