Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Cruise control system cruise control main switch
Be sure to read the precautionary notices concerning the srs airbag system before servicing it (see page rs-1).
- Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Remove steering pad assembly (see page rs- 336)
- Remove cruise control main switch
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the 2 screws and switch.
- Inspect cruise control main switch
- Measure the resistance of the switch.
If the result is not as specified, replace the switch assembly.
Tc and cg terminal circuit
Connecting terminals tc and cg of the dlc3 enables dtcs to be read through blinking patterns of the combination meter's cruise main indicator light.
When a warning light of the combination meter blinks continuously, terminal tc of the dlc3 or an ecm may have a ground short.
- Check wire harness (dlc3 - ecm and body ground)
- Disconnect the e13 dlc3 connector.
- Disconnect the a9 ecm connector.
- Measure the resistance of the wire harness side connectors.
- Install cruise control main switch
- Install the switch with the 2 screws.
Torque: 1.7 To 3.0 N*m (17.34 To 30.60 Kgf*cm, 15.04 To 26.55 In.*Lbf)
- Connect the connector.
- Install steering pad assembly (see page rs- 336)
- Connect cable to negative battery terminal
- Check srs warning light
- Check the srs warning light (see page rs-37).