Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Reassembly
- Install front oil pump oil seal
- Using sst and a hammer, install a new oil seal to the pump.
Sst 09350-32014 (09351-32140)
The seal end should be flat with the outer edge of the oil pump.
- Coat the lip of the oil seal with petroleum jelly.
- Install front oil pump body o-ring
- Coat the new o-ring with atf, and install it to the oil pump body.
- Install front oil pump driven gear
- Coat the front oil pump driven gear with atf, and install it to the oil pump body with the marked side facing up.
- Install front oil pump drive gear
- Coat the front oil pump drive gear with atf, and install it to the oil pump body with the marked side facing up.
- Install stator shaft assembly
- Set the stator shaft by aligning each bolt hole.
- Using a t30 ''trox'' socket, install the 11 bolts.
Torque: 9.8 N*m (100 kgf*cm, 87 in.*Lbf)
- Install clutch drum oil seal ring
- Install the 2 clutch drum oil seal rings.
Do not expand the ring ends excessively.
- Inspect oil pump assembly (see page ax-218)
InspectionInspect oil pump assembly Turn the drive gear with 2 screwdrivers and make sure it rotates smoothly. Notice: Be careful not to damage the oil seal lip. Inspect clearance of oil ...
Second brake pistonComponents Disassembly Remove 2nd brake piston return spring sub-assembly Place sst on the return spring and compress. Using a screwdriver, pry out the snap ring. Remove the pis ...
Data list / active test
Read data list Hint: Using the intelligent tester's data list allows switch, sensor, actuator and other item values to be read without removing any parts.