Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Auto Up Down Function does not Operate
Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Auto Up / Down Function does not Operate
If the AUTO UP/DOWN function does not operate, any of the following troubles may be the cause:
- When the PWR fuse or the power window relay (Marking: PWR) is replaced with new ones, or when the battery terminal and the connector of the power window master switch are disconnected, the power window memory of the fully closed position which is recorded in the power window master switch is erased.
- The pulse sensors in the driver side power window motor have a malfunction.
- There is an open or short circuit in the wiring between the power window master switch and the driver side power window motor.
- The power window master switch has a malfunction.
1 CHECK MANUAL UP/DOWN FUNCTION (DRIVER SIDE)
- Check that the door glass can be operated manually.
2 CHECK ILLUMINATION OF POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- Operate the AUTO (drive side) switch of the master switch.
- Check the blinking pattern of the AUTO light as shown in the illustration.
- If pattern (1) is displayed, proceed to A.
- If pattern (2) or (3) is displayed, proceed to B.
- If the normal pattern is displayed, proceed to C.
3 RESET POWER WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR
4 CHECK WIRE HARNESS (MASTER SWITCH - MOTOR) (MASTER SWITCH - BODY GROUND)
- Disconnect the D9 master switch connector.
- Disconnect the P40 motor connector (driver side).
- Check the resistance between the wire harness side connectors.
- Check the resistance between the D9 master switch connector and body ground.
REPLACE POWER WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR ASSEMBLY (DRIVER SIDE)
Data list / active test1. USING INTELLIGENT TESTER Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. Monitor the ECU data by following the prompts on the tester screen. HINT: The intelligent tester has a & ...
Trouble in Passenger Airbag ON / OFF Indicator
DESCRIPTION The occupant classification system detects the front passenger seat condition. It then informs a passenger of the front passenger airbag, the front seat side airbag RH and front seat belt pretensioner RH condition (activated/not activated) by the passenger airbag ON/OFF indicator. ...
1. INSPECT MAGNETIC CLUTCH CLEARANCE (a) Set the dial indicator to the magnetic clutch hub. (b) Connect the battery positive lead to the terminal 1 of the magnet clutch connector and the negative lead to the earth wire.