Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Open in One Side of CAN Branch Line
If 2 or more ECUs and/or sensors do not appear on the intelligent tester "Communication Bus Check" screen, one side of the CAN branch wire may be open. (One side of the CAN-H [branch wire] / CAN-L [branch wire] of the ECU and/or sensor is open.)
|2 or more ECUs and/or sensors do not appear on the intelligent tester "Communication Bus Check" screen.||
- Turn the ignition switch off before measuring the resistances of CAN bus main wires and CAN bus branch wires.
- After the ignition switch is turned off, check that the key reminder warning system and light reminder warning system are not in operation.
- Before measuring the resistance, leave the vehicle as is for at least 1 minute and do not operate the ignition switch, any other switches, or the doors. If any doors need to be opened in order to check connectors, open the doors and leave them open.
HINT: Perform the following inspection for the ECUs (sensors) which are not displayed on the intelligent tester. If the malfunction cannot be identified, then perform the following inspections for the ECUs (sensors) connected to CAN communication.
1 CHECK FOR OPEN IN ONE SIDE OF CAN BRANCH WIRE
- Confirm the systems (ECUs and sensors), which use CAN communication, equipped on the vehicle. (See page CA-17)
- Using the intelligent tester, select and perform "Communication Bus Check". (See page CA-17) [*1]
- Disconnect the connectors from the ECUs or sensors that are not displayed on the screen. [*2]
- Check that only the ECUs and sensors from which the connectors were disconnected in the previous step are not displayed on the "Communication Bus Check" screen. [*3]
HINT: If any ECUs or sensors, other than those from which the connectors were disconnected in the previous step, are not displayed on the "Communication Bus Check" screen, reconnect the disconnected connectors and repeat the procedures [*1], [*2], and [*3].
(e) Perform the communication stop mode check for the ECUs and sensors which correspond to the disconnected connectors.
GO TO CORRESPONDING COMMUNICATION STOP MODE
Short to GND in CAN Bus LineDESCRIPTION A short to GND is suspected in the CAN bus wire when the resistance between terminals 4 (CG) and 6 (CANH), or terminals 4 (CG) and 14 (CANL) of the DLC3 is below 200 Ω. ...
Network gateway ECUCOMPONENTS REMOVAL 1. REMOVE FRONT DOOR SCUFF PLATE LH 2. REMOVE COWL SIDE TRIM BOARD LH 3. REMOVE INSTRUMENT PANEL FINISH PANEL LOWER LH (See page IP-6) 4. REMOVE INSTRUMENT PANEL SAFETY PAD ...
No Master/ Connection Check Error
DTC 01-D6 No Master DTC 01-D7 Connection Check Error DESCRIPTION HINT: *1: Even if no fault is present, this trouble code may be stored depending on the battery condition or engine start voltage. *2: When 210 seconds have elapsed after disconnecting the power supply ...
1. PRECAUTION HINT: See page RS-1 2. DISCONNECT BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL Wait for 90 seconds after disconnecting the battery terminal to prevent the airbag working. 3. PLACE FRONT WHEELS FACING STRAIGHT AHEAD 4. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL COVER LOWER NO.2 (See page RS-424) 5. REMOVE STEERING WH ...
1. GENERAL To assist the driver with parking the vehicle by displaying an image of the area behind the vehicle, this system has a television camera mounted on the luggage compartment door.